transportnsw.info, Monday 18th May
An upgrade is currently underway to transform the current information kiosk in the Grand Concourse at Central Station into a more dynamic, efficient and customer accessible area – the Transport Customer Service Centre.
This new centre will offer:
- Trip planning assistance and information across all transport modes (train, bus, ferry and light rail)
- Opal card acquisition and top-ups
- Assisted journey, event, travel and tourist information
- A range of Transport merchandise
Other improvements will be made to Central Grand Concourse, these include:
- Installation of new Opal-only ticket gates
- 11 x 5 m customer information screen situated above the new Transport Customer Service Centre
- Installation of new Information Hubs allowing Sydney Trains’ staff to provide visible, proactive advice to customers
- New window glazing across the station
- Bird proofing of platforms 1-16 and Grand Concourse
The planned completion and opening date of the new customer service centre is late June 2015.