(seems the previous dedicated Central Station refresh update from a few weeks before has disappeared, and replaced with the below;)
transportnsw.info, Monday 25th May
Town Hall and Central stations are currently undergoing a refresh with new tiling and glazing, fresh paint and other upgrades taking place around the concourse level.
The refresh work will take place overnight and during weekend trackwork over the coming months to avoid busy peak periods and reduce impact on customers.
The work is expected to be completed by mid-2015, with the modernised and streamlined look to be more appealing and user-friendly for customers.
Work areas may have a temporary impact on station access and facilities, so please see station staff if you need assistance.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while this important work is completed.
transportnsw.info, Monday 18th May
An upgrade is currently underway to transform the current information kiosk in the Grand Concourse at Central Station into a more dynamic, efficient and customer accessible area – the Transport Customer Service Centre.
This new centre will offer:
- Trip planning assistance and information across all transport modes (train, bus, ferry and light rail)
- Opal card acquisition and top-ups
- Assisted journey, event, travel and tourist information
- A range of Transport merchandise
Other improvements will be made to Central Grand Concourse, these include:
- Installation of new Opal-only ticket gates
- 11 x 5 m customer information screen situated above the new Transport Customer Service Centre
- Installation of new Information Hubs allowing Sydney Trains’ staff to provide visible, proactive advice to customers
- New window glazing across the station
- Bird proofing of platforms 1-16 and Grand Concourse
The planned completion and opening date of the new customer service centre is late June 2015.